Tuesday, July 1, 2008

luckily, luckily web release

hello everyone: it is the middle of the summer and I am trying to shake off the summer humidity and doldroms to get some work done. For motivation, I am reliving some previous work accomplishments, one of which is now available on the web.

Released in print last year in the University of Virginia School of Architecture's publication lunch was a piece I wrote called: luckily, luckily - a measured exploratoin into globalization, shipping and the movement of goods. It's actually one of the things I've written that I'm most proud of. Certainly, there is much room for improvement but it's pretty decent.

3 comments:

Jonah said...

I haven't even read it yet, but I'm giving it an A+ (naturally :D )

Alex (aslinth) said...

I was just going to glance at your paper, but when I saw that ridiculous font and spacing they published it in, I gave up immediate. Send me the paper in a nice tnr or georgia, and send the architects the message that no one can read that garbage!

Alex (aslinth) said...

Written to archlunch@virginia.edu:

Hi,

I was interested in reading Marc Howlett's "Luckily, Luckily", that
is, until I saw the webpage it is published on. The chosen font is
small, narrow, and difficult to read. I'll be the last person to
attack good aesthetics, but if reading something is a chore, people are not going to read it.

I'll definitely be checking out the pdf version, and I imagine I'm not alone.

Never without a critical opinion,

Alex Linthicum
MEUP Jan 08