Wednesday, May 30, 2007

checking in with Virgil Goode

it's the summer months and that typically means a slow political season. With some extra time on our politicians' hands I figured it would be good to check in with my local US Representative Virgil Goode. Hey, Virgil, how do you feel about the new immigration bill? Or how about immigration and the towns of your district?

Goode: "They've got a Mexican flag in these restaurants . . . They've got one on Main Street in Rocky Mount! They've got one on Tanyard Road in Rocky Mount! ... That riles me."

The Charlottesville Daily Progress has the story.

I have to agree with Virgil. You know what riles me? I was in Baltimore the other day, in a place called Little Italy. I mean, come on. And they were flying the Italian flag everywhere, especially on restaurants! Terrible. I wish that Italian Columbus had never sailed westward from Europe and had left us Americans alone. The worst, however, is St. Patrick's Day and all of those Irish flags everywhere. Kiss me I'm Irish? No, kiss me I'm American. I typically have to lock myself in my apartment because I am so outraged.

No comments: